The Mad Parson

As a matter of fact, yes, I do think irreverence is a spiritual gift.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Sons Of Slaves And Sons Of Slaveowners

How can you tell we still haven't caught up to MLK's dream? The black communities honor MLK more than Christ Himself. The white communities don't honor him at all. Does that sound like integration to you?

UPDATE: Christine has a more optimistic view. That's right, to a degree. I'm a white guy pastoring a black church, so the discrepancies tend to always be right in front of my face, I guess. Also, there is a difference in generations. She's talking about six-year-olds; I'm talking about forty-year-olds. And in just those years lies a sea change (and a good one, at that).

1 Comments:

Blogger The Parson said...

Thanks, Grace. That's quite a compliment (actually two compliments: one for MLK and one for the InstaPundit tip). Hall of Fame? Maybe. But I've neither blogged from some cool cafe in London, either! :)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter