The Mad Parson

As a matter of fact, yes, I do think irreverence is a spiritual gift.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

"No One Is Fit To Be A Master, And No One Deserves To Be A Slave"

Yes! On Thursday, the Princess (age ten, on the right), the Angel (age six, on the left), and I (behind the camera) traveled from North Carolina to Washington D.C. for the Inauguration. We left at four in the morning, we braved the cold and wind, we made acquaintances with kind persons from all over America, and we heard our President verbalize his vision for our great nation (and what a vision it is!). And we saw Washington: D.C. in January snow is third in beauty only to D.C. in Christmas dress and D.C. in full cherry tree bloom. While we saw the sights and visited the scenes you would normally see and visit in D.C., below are thoughts and pictures limited to the Inauguration ceremony itself. I've divided them up into separate posts for convenience: Speech, Money, Security, and Protests. The best part of the event? When, after the ceremony was over and everyone began walking off the Mall, the Angel looked at me confusedly, looked back at the Capitol, and said, "Dad, aren't we going to go talk to Mr Bush?" Classic. I hope you enjoy the posts. If you want to know something more, or if you suspect I've accidentally omitted something, let me know on the comment board.


1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Amazing! I love it...I could feel your excitement and pride! I hope someday to share such an experience with my sons...Until then thanks for sharing yours

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter